To help the benefits of your massage, last longer try these guidelines:
· Be sure to have adequate water intake after your massage
· Practice any homework or instructions your practitioner has given you to keep up the benefits between sessions (i.e. stretches, relaxation methods or posture awareness)
· Take things easy for a couple of hours after your massage to enjoy longer benefits
· Try taking a relaxing bath or foot bath a day or two after your massage to keep the relaxation going
· Ask your practitioner for some self-massage tips for common tension areas
· Maintain regular massage or bodywork appointments to keep stress and tight muscles at manageable levels.